29% of energy use in UK is in our homes. 80% is used to heat our homes and water, which is mostly provided by gas, and the other 20% is used for electrical appliances.
The main ways we can reduce our heating energy use:
- Install a more efficient boiler such as a combi boiler which does not require a water tank can reduce consumption by 8.3% (add tank insulation if a water tank is used)
- Improve home insulation
- cavity wall insulation can reduce consumption by 8.4%
- solid wall insulation can reduce consumption by 16% (for homes without wall cavities)
- loft insulation can reduce consumption by 2.1%
- double glazing
Does your home have these main heating efficiency measures??
Data from Energy Consumption In The UK, National Statistics by Department for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy, https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/energy-consumption-in-the-uk