Test Valley Glass and Window Company Ltd
Your personal data – what is it?
“Personal data” is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data (for example a name, email address, or address). The processing of data is governed by legislation relating to personal data which applies in the United Kingdom including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other legislation relating to personal data and rights such as the Human Rights Act.
Test Valley Glass and Windows will comply with data protection law. This says the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept and destroyed securely, including ensuring that appropriate technical and security measures are in place to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
How we use your information
- To enable us to provide a quotation to you.
- To fulfil our contract with you.
- To fulfil our guarantee to you.
- To enable us to advise you of any product updates
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To seek you views, opinions or comments, to help us build up a picture of how we are performing.
Sharing your personal data
- Other contractors for example builders, electricians and plumbers.
- Local Authorities for planning purposes.
- Other professional bodies for example FENSA for building regulations and The Plastic Window Federation for insurance backed guarantees.
- Our Suppliers.
- Any other third party where we believe that the information is required by law, or necessary for the safety of our employees, property or the public.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Data that has been obtained for the purposes of quotations, where a contract has not gone ahead will be kept for 90 days, after which all records will be erased. For all contracts we will keep your records for the duration of the guarantee or for a minimum period of 10 years to fulfil our contractual obligations and ensure that any service work can be carried out.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, we may need to verify your identity for security purposes.
- The right to access personal data we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request the personal data we hold about you and get a copy of it. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month.
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold about you
If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
- The right to have your personal data erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal data or that we are unlawfully using your personal data, you can request that we erase the personal data we hold. When we receive your request which must be in writing, by post or email, we will confirm whether the personal data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it to comply with a legal obligation, for example VAT inspections. Please note that in some cases, asking us to do this may mean we are no longer able to fulfil the guarantee or provide you with product updates.
- The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to someone else for them to use. We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data, to restrict it to certain purposes only or withdraw your consent to processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was obtained
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or ask us to restrict processing. Upon receiving the request we will contact you and let you know if we are able to comply or if we have a legal obligation to continue to process your data. You can withdraw your consent to processing at any time easily by telephone, email, or by post (see contact details below). Please note that in some cases, asking us to do this may mean we are no longer able to fulfil the guarantee or provide you with product updates.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Chesire SK9 5AF.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our website www.testvalleywindows.co.uk. This notice was last updated May 2018.
Test Valley Window Company Ltd
Units 17-18 Glenmore Business Park
Hants SP10 3GZ
Telephone: 01264 335599
Please indicate below if you are happy for us to obtain pictures/testimonials post installation
After installation we are happy for Test Valley Windows to take pictures of our installation for use on their website and promotional literature yes/no
After installation we are happy for Test Valley Windows to take pictures of our installation and use our surname and general location, e.g. Mr Smith from Andover, for use on their website and promotional literature yes/no
After installation we would be happy to provide a testimonial to Test Valley Windows for use on their website and promotional literature yes/no